Sunday, November 23, 2014

Snorkeling

I went snorkeling for the first time on Saturday.  I saw sea turtles, Sharks, sting rays, and beautiful colorful fish and coral. I also saw a very huge lobster. Which rinds me, that's what I look like, a red lobster. My sunburn is still hot to the touch. I was singing "This Girl is on Fire."
I met a really cool group of people on the snorkeling trip. They were from Spain, London, Poland and India. I mingled with the people that live on the island. I learned a lot and made a couple of friends. This was a very fun weekend. I will never forget it. Today was a long trip of buses and taxis, and I made it back to Belmopan in one piece.

 The island was peaceful in the mornings and active during the day. I explored the island in the mornings, and I found a school. I found some big pink shells and some cute birds. There was a 14 year old boy they call ninja that helped me everyday. He gave me advice about food, attractions and the people. He was always available to answer a question or show me where something was located.  The pace was slow and almost Everything closes at 9. I enjoyed my time there, and I hope to go back. There are so many other things that I would like to do and see. So, this blog is short and simple and I am just going to let the pictures do the talking.
The very colorful place that I stayed was called The Macaw. When I woke this morning there was a cat sleeping on my porch. I had my own hammock.





















1 comment: